I hope you’re out there having a wonderful day, and that the new year has been good to you so far. Earlier this year I wrote about some resolutions that I set for myself, and I thought it’d be fun to come up with a little bucket list to go along with it. Now I know I said I would plan less, but I’m not thinking about this as planning. This is simply speaking goals into existence.
- Travel: I know I put traveling in my resolutions list, but I thought I’d elaborate. In 2018 I’d really like to travel to two places. The first place I’ve been dying to go to is Austin, TX. I don’t know why but part of my soul just wants me to experience that place. The second place I’d really like to visit this year is Paris, France. What little girl doesn’t want to spend a little time in the city of love and romance? That dream simply hasn’t died for me. However, I know that international travel may be a little out of reach. Therefore, a trip to New York or San Francisco would satisfy me just fine.
- Writing: Lately, as I’ve gotten more into reading (fulfilling my resolution), I really want to release a book this year. I think it would be awesome to publish a book online. I have a few projects I’ve been working on for the past few months (maybe years). I feel like this is the year to really buckle down and create some interesting stuff. Writing is obviously something I like to do. I’m curious to see how far I can take this passion of mine.
- Blog: I have a lot of ideas for this blog. There’s so much I want to create through this little second home of mine. I think one thing I really want to make true comes true is do a collaboration. I love working with my friends, so I could only imagine what it could be like to make more friends in the blogger community. Also, working with brands is a huge far-fetched dream of mine. It’d be cool to start exploring the stepping stones of making something like that happen.
- Move: I don’t know when or where I want to move. And I don’t know if I mean move houses or jobs or what. I just know that I’m deathly afraid of getting stuck. Ultimately we’ll see where 2018 takes me, as long as it takes me somewhere.
- Read: I want to read at least 24 books this year. So far I’ve read 2. That means there’s only 22 more to go. I guess could tie into the whole resolutions thing, but still. It’s a bucket list thing too.
I know these are mainly just goals I want to accomplish and not crazy major things I want to experience. That’s due to this recent philosophy I’ve started living by. I think experiences should be organic. If you plan out fun things like “flying a kite” or “ride an elephant”, those things become less of an adventure you’re about to take and more of a task you just need to check off.
I’ve been really sticking to moving through life like a drop of water. Just going with the flow and slipping through the cracks, but always finding the most effective way to go about things. For the past two weeks, this mentality has been very helpful for me. I’ve been less stressed out. I naturally am incorporating more of what I love in my daily life. I find myself being less negative. I find myself saying “it’s okay to run just a little behind,” or “I’m fine; I don’t really need to worry about this right now.”
My hands have settled. I can actually enjoy my readings because I’m not thinking of other tasks. I can complete the tasks I do have without worrying about what needs to get done next. I pray this mindset sticks with me throughout the year, especially as the new semester starts. I’m taking 15 hours and I’m a little nervous about how I’m going to keep my head on straight. It’ll be good though. I’ll figure it out.
Thanks for reading everyone. If any of you could hold me accountable to these crazy plans I’ve made, please do so. There’s nothing better than supportive friends to keep a person going. Until next time,